West Sussex County Council Library Service
If you live, work or study in West Sussex you are welcome to join the library.
We aim to give a courteous and efficient service to all. Please help us to help you by remembering that:
- You may borrow up to 20 items and your membership card can be used in any West Sussex Library.
- As long as items are not required by other customers, you may renew them for a further period by phone, post, the internet or in person at the library. Please quote your borrower number to do this and on all other correspondence.
- You will need your membership card with you if you want to borrow any item.
- You are responsible for all items borrowed on your membership card. Children under 14 years must have a guarantor.
- Your membership card is equivalent to a credit card to the Library Service. Keep it safe at all times and do not lend it to anyone else.
- If your membership card is lost or stolen, please notify the library as soon as possible, a charge may be made for a replacement.
- Although joining the library is free, charges will be incurred on items returned late. A replacement charge will be made for any items you lose, in addition to any outstanding overdue charges.
- Charges are made for the loan of adult audiobooks, CDs and DVDs. Details of all current charges are displayed in each library and on the website.
- You should inform the library of any change of address as soon as possible.
- Your membership card is issued subject to these terms and the Library Bylaw and may be withdrawn if you fail to comply with them.
This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and to this end may use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing and administering public funds for these purposes.
For further information see www.westsussex.gov.uk/libraries